Monday, October 22, 2012

Case of the Monday blues...

 
Ahhh, Monday. We meet again!! I woke up late and not feeling too well (typical Monday -_- )but I still managed to pack my lunch for today (in about 5 mins!) and grab me some breakfast that consisted of ice water, banana and a protein bar. If you can stay motivated on Monday morning to pack a healthy lunch then you're already off to a great start! If you don't pack a lunch then that usually leads to ... dun dun dunnn --FAST FOOD! lol Yesterday I didn't get a chance to let you in on my lunch and dinner choices so I'll go ahead and do that now.

 
Yesterday**

 
Lunch - A can of tuna light w/ less than a tsp of light mayo and sliced up pickles! 10 wheat thin crackers to scoop it out ! Celery sticks. 16oz bottle of water & a hand full of peanuts after because they sounded good (;
 
Dinner- 1 grilled chicken fajita w/ red peppers. 1 large salad--- i try to fill my plate with mostly greens/veggies.
 
 
I know that I worked out yesterday morning a little bit before the kids woke up but I pulled a double and went to the gym after dinner as well! Ill try to remember most of it....
 
......I started off with my abs and sides 1st. Then my running.

 
Weighted Side Bends

- I did these multiple times during the hr I was there. It targets the "muffin top". Although I do not have that little muffin man poking out over my jeans I still do this because it works very well and keeps my stomach/sides fit. If you are unsure of this workout...GOOGLE! You can find every workout I do on there and it will tell you how to do them. (That is actually where I find new ideas for my workouts! Gotta change it up!)

 
Biycle crunches

- I did these for about 3 mins as fast as I could! (Those suckers hurt! But a good hurt :D )

 
V Ups

- 3 sets of 15

 
Jump Rope

- For as long as my legs will let me. Changing from a fast to slow pace. I don't set a time limit on this...just let my body tell me when I need to stop. (and it will!)

 
Jumping Squats w/ a medicine ball

- 3 sets of 15

 
Planks

- For as long as my body would leg me go. I would also bring 1 leg up in the air above my butt then bring it back down, then do other leg.

 
Side steps w/ resistant band

- 4 sets of 15

 
Leg Press

- 3 sets of 20

 
Tredmill

- 2 miles of fast pace @ highest incline. Switching to running, sprints and walking.

The key is to not allow your body to get comfortable during the workout so it has to work harder. You will burn more calories during and after your workout, get faster and stronger, and increase overall cardiovascular fitness.
 
Elliptical
- the last 10 mins I did resistance level 5 and as fast as I could push.
 
 
 
A couple songs from my workout playlist yesterday... An upbeat song always makes me push harder!
 
Mariah Carey -- Obsessed
Maroon 5- payphone
Pink - One last kiss (loooooooove this!)
Bone thugs - Rebirth
Demi Lovato - Give your heart a break
 
 
 
 
Taking a break from the gym today since i pulled a double yesterday. I think it's important to atleast have 1 off day or even 2 days a week sometimes. Don't let yourself get burnt out!! Still fixing a good healthy dinner tonight though....as soon as I figure it out! (:
 
 <---- EXACTLY!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment